Sunday, January 4, 2009

My Minnesota Men...

Here's the story of the men in my life. I'll introduce them in the order I met them...so as not to offend anyone! Of course I met Graham first...but I didn't have a picture to use for this. I love him though!

After Graham I met Alan. I worked with Alan at Fraser, now I PCA for him. He insists that my name is Molly. Here's a typical conversation:
A- "Molly!"
H-"No, it's Haley!"
A-"Molly..."
H-"No, Haley."
A-"Molly?"
H-"Haley."
A-"Molly!"
H-"Alan!"
A-"A nose!"
(touching my nose as he says this!)


The next man I met was Cole. I also met him through Fraser and have been his PCA for two years now! My recent favorite moment with him happened about a week ago. For the past month he had been refusing to go with me on Fridays. I was sad, but tried to remind myself that is was his Autism and not me. Finally, last week he wanted to go to the Children's Museum, so we went. We were walking upstairs and Cole was ahead of me. We got separated by a slow moving group, so I kept my eyes on him. When he got to the top of the stairs, he turned around to see where I was and then he waited for me! For him this was huge! I was so proud of him!


The next man is Elijah. He is the first Fuller Still baby. In this photo we had a modeling session at one of Fuller Still's events. Elijah is modeling the black skull cap. I think he is awesome! He has cheeks that won't quit and a great laugh!


In early summer I met a friend of a friend who was having a baby and needed help with her two boys. Dexter and Jaxon (or Batman) are super fun three year olds! I played with them twice a week for a few months while mom did errands, laundry or just took a nap! My favorite memory of Jax and Dex is sitting on the kitchen floor putting a puzzle together and listening to the boys break into song. The song was usually "I am Ironman...", "Transformers, robots in disguise...", or "Batman, Superman, Spiderman...are friends!"


Finally, in the middle of July, I met Fuller Still baby number two, Mr. Owen. Here he is getting love from his Godfather! My favorite thing about Owen is his wonderful smile! He loves me and I can tell because he smiles every time he sees me!

As you can see, my Minnesota men are entertaining and handsome! I love them all!

2 comments:

  1. How nice Haley! I love the picture of Cole!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some good lookin' men! What a lucky lady you are! :)

    ReplyDelete