Wednesday, January 28, 2009

We Love Renting

This morning when I first woke up, I rode with Graham to work. I did this because his car was in the shop getting fixed. After Graham got to work I came back home and went to sleep again.

The second time I woke up, I walked in the kitchen and my socks got wet. I didn't think anything of it. I thought water may have gotten on the floor during the dish cleaning the night before. Later, I went into the kitchen and there was a small amount of water on the counter by the stove. I just wiped it up and thought nothing of it. Water gets on counters. As I was making my lunch I thought I saw something fall, like a drop of water, out of the corner of my eye. I looked again and didn't see anything else. This happened twice, oh man. Then, as I was reaching to get a pot holder, a drop of water fell on my sleeve. This time I looked at the ceiling and waited. That's when I noticed three distinct spots that were slowly dripping.


My first reaction was to walk upstairs and make sure there was no water on the bathroom floor, since the bathroom is directly above the kitchen. There was no water to be seen on the floor. My next action was to call the office to get the maintenance men to come investigate. The two maintenance men came around 2:30. One man looked at the ceiling in the kitchen and said, "Looks like the toilet." The two went upstairs and were back downstairs within a minute or so. The verdict was in, a cracked toilet base means leaking kitchen ceiling.


The two men left and came back with a brand new toilet! They installed the new toilet and left just in time for me to leave to get Graham from work. I picked up Graham and took him to the dealership to get his car and we went our separate ways, Wednesdays are busy for Graham. Graham said it perfectly, "I'm glad we rent, so we don't have to pay for it!" I have to say, I totally agree with my husband!

No comments:

Post a Comment